This is your new favourite recipe, I’m sure of it.
It took me a while to create a grain-free bread recipe that I loved; mostly because I can’t follow a recipe or measure accurately to save my life.
What can I say? If I’ve got 2 tablespoons of flax seeds left in the bottom of my container – I’m going to throw them in and see what happens. And why dirty a measuring cup when I could just eyeball it?
For this reason, I need recipes that are flexible. But, bread recipes are not inherently flexible…
I’ve finally done it with this recipe though. I’ve made this bread with several types of nut or seed flour in place of the almond meal, and it works every time. Plus, you don’t need any fancy kitchen gadgets. A stand-mixer is nice, but you can get the job done with a mixing bowl, whisk, and spatula with no problems at all!
This bread holds up well enough to make a sandwich, to dip in sauces, to spread your favourite topping on, or even toast.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my little one and I do! Let me know in the comments below when you try out the recipe.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:45 mins
Total Time:55 mins
Serves:1 loaf of bread
• 7 eggs
• 1 Tbsp coconut syrup
• 1 scant Tbsp coconut sugar
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 4 Tbsp coconut flour
• ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp brown flax seed, whole or ground
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1 ¼ cup almond meal
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, and mix them just until the whites and yolks are well combined.
4. To the eggs add coconut syrup, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Mix again ensuring the coconut oil is well incorporated.
5. To the wet mixture add all the dry ingredients except the almond meal. Mix well to combine.
6. Add the almond meal to the mixture and continue mixing to combine.
7. Lastly, add in 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and mix well on medium high for 10 seconds. (By waiting until the last second to add the apple cider vinegar, your bread will rise more in the oven.)
8. Transfer the batter to your lined loaf pan and place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
9. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply