As a Holistic Nutritionist, I’ve done relatively well sheltering my daughter from the world that is “conventional food”. She’s never eaten candy, and raisins are the best treats ever!
But somehow, this past summer, she learned of ice cream – and politely requested I make her some. So, I got my creativity flowing in the kitchen and threw together this fantastically simple, yet crowd-pleasing Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream.
I was reminded of this recipe now that the beautiful weather is here this year. So, I decided to get it up on the blog for all of you to enjoy at your special occasions as well!
You will want a quality blender for this one. Let me know what you think when you try this recipe!
Prep Time:5 Mins
Cook Time:6-8 Hours
Total Time:6-8 Hours
• 1 400mL can of full-fat, additive-free coconut milk or cream
• 1 cup of loosely packed pitted dates
• 3-4 Tbsp raw cacao (depending on how chocolatey you want it)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients inside blender. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into shallow glass dish. Cover with a lid.
3. Place glass dish in the freezer for at least 6-8 hours to allow the ice cream to harden.
4. Remove from freezer 10 minutes prior to servings to allow the ice cream to soften slightly.